Quote of the Day

Monday, October 26, 2009

Nothing Has Changed...

The more things change, the more they remain the same! Despite George Wythe University's recent deck chair shuffling, it appears the school's sandy foundation of obfuscation and half-truth is still there, shifty as ever.

The Wikipedia editor, Ibinthinkin, whom we previously established to be a GWU leader (or at least a 40-something male with access to DeMille's social security number, college transcript, and his mother's scrapbooks), has wiped clean the article on GWU and did some burnishing on the DeMille article (including a plug for the new Oliver DeMille / Shanon Brooks book, TJED for Teens).

So much for historical accuracy--let alone honesty. Despite DeMille's mea culpa, Ibinthinkin clearly didn't get the memo that "things have changed" and that the school would no longer be "allowing misconceptions [to be] perpetuated."

TJED parents, wake up! This philosophy does not stand on its own merits! The school has to change its history to make it palatable. Read J.L.L's blog. He clearly establishes that this is NOT the way Thomas Jefferson--or anyone of note--was educated.

Let me repeat: you are being deceived!

Sending your child to George Wythe University means sending them to a place where intellectual dishonesty, obfuscation, and half-truths appear to not only rule, but flourish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a student at GWU. I feel deceived! While at GWU I feel they allowed me to believe lies! Funny though, somehow I think they have been able to justify these lies as truths! I could go on forever telling you my many frustrations towards this school. I could also include a long list of things I find ironic. Maybe at some point I will when life is not so busy and I have the time to present my observations accurately.

Anonymous said...

@Anon
You feel deceived?! They allowed you to believe lies?! Somehow you think they have been able to justify the lies as truths?! You have a long list of things you find ironic! I hope that you do find the time to present your observations! And I hope they contain a lot of exclamation marks!

No really though, I think we'd all love to hear about your observations. Do find time.

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous 11/2/09 6:50 AM

Dude! The anonymous poster to whom you responded learned to write at GWU! He was mentored by the geniuses at GWU! Deal with it!

Anonymous said...

Hey just because I'm Anonymous doesn't mean that what I say isn't credible. I respect those of you with the courage to use User ID's.