Quote of the Day

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

TJEd'ers Encouraged to Shill for DeMille



I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this twitter post. The DeMilles are offering to compensate followers for reviewing their books on Amazon.com. Just email for details.

So how does this work -- you leave a review, email it to DeMille for approval, then you get your stuff shipped free? That's the DEFINITION of shilling.

Remember that a shill is "a person paid to endorse a product favorably, while pretending to be impartial."

Unbelievable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has to be against Amazon's terms... Has anyone contacted them?

MadiB said...

Hello! Please I am in need of some information. I WAS a GW student up until this past semester and I am trying to get away from the school but they are making it almost impossible-charging me insane last minute fees that come out to over a thousand dollars. I was wondering if there was anyway that we could trade emails and I could see if you have any more info on the school or advice that might help me. I have been following your blog for over a month now and I have really enjoyed the information that you have provided the world with about this school and I am thankful for the unbiased opinions you try to give so that others can determine what they will with the facts you offer.

I am a college student with little money and I am at the end of my rope with this school, they just won't let me leave. Please if you can help me let me know.

The Real George Wythe said...

Madi,

I'm sorry but all the verifiable information I can find is contained in this blog. Good luck to you.

Regards,

TRGW

Anonymous said...

Where are you, RGW? We miss you.