Quote of the Day

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Guilty


Groft appears to be owning up to his actions: he pleaded guilty (ht to the anon poster at 12:47). See Spectrum article here. UPDATE: Tribune article here.

Groft's statement: "The road that led me to this point started with smaller offenses that seemed benign but gradually pulled me further and further into a pit of addiction and despair. Although I continually prayed for forgiveness and experienced bouts of fortitude and upright behavior, the cycle of addiction and darkness visited me again and again and engulfed me more and more."

This appears to stem from some sort of sexual addiction.

If anyone out there is struggling with addiction, the LDS Church has a solid program for addiction recovery. You can find more details here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cedar City Attorney Paul Bittmenn said Groft met with a deputy attorney to enter his plea.

"He just came in, said he wanted to get it over with and pled," Bittmenn said, noting Groft is the only one of the seven charged that he knows of to have formally entered a plea. . . .

"I feel that avoiding bargains and paying the maximum penalty that the court believes will satisfy justice is the best way for me to begin on the path of healing and redemption," Groft said in a statement released Wednesday . . .

Anonymous said...

I have a brother in the LDS addiction recovery program. He says it is a place of compassion, love and the forgiveness found only through the Atonement of the Savior. He claims his testimony has never been stronger and his desire to do good ever growing. He recognizes that he can accomplish there what he could never have done alone.

Felidae said...

Coming forward early without waiting for the hearing, then asking for your lumps directly... hmmm... not bad.

Where's the guy from SUU?

Durango said...

I hate to be cynical but time will tell if Groft really desires to change his sordid ways. I hope so for his family's sake.